100 Years of Military and Medical Advancement: Canadian Legion Magazine
#cdnhistory. Learn about 100 years of military and medical advancement and more. Legion Magazine has great content (as always) for historians and genealogists in their July-August 2010.
Edward John Kerr’s War Medals, WW II, Canada
A sampling of the articles:
Then & Now:
- Bandages From Rags to Glue
- Ambulances: From ‘Flying’ Horses to Whirlybirds
- Antiseptics: From Carbolic Acid to Antibiotics
- Scalpel: From Cleavers to Lasers
- Stethoscope: From Paper Tubes to Computers with Ears
- Anesthetics: From Whiskey to Modern Locals
65 Years of Liberation
- Where Heroes Rest – Veteran Affairs Canada Leads a pilgrimage to the Netherlands.
- Moving Ahead With Remembrance – Why the Dutch never forget.
Battle Honours of the Canadian Forces: Part 16: Ypres Salient 1917: Opening Offensives
Canadian Military History in Perspective
- Army: Closing Out the Italian Campaign
- Navy: Complex and Troubled Years
- Air Force: Arctic Investigations
If your ancestor or living relative is a soldier, or you are interested in Canadian history, consider reading the Legion Magazine.