Follow Friday: One Lovely Blog Award!
Yesterday I was delighted and surprised to receive an email with notice of an award.
Thank you to Audrey Collins at TheFamily Recorder for choosing my Luxegen Genealogy blog for the One Lovely Blog Award!
It is always thrilling to think that someone is actually reading my blog and that I’m not blogging in a vacuum
I enjoyed meeting Audrey at Rootstech 2011. She is a Records Specialist in Family History at the National Archives in London, England.
The rules of acceptance are:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and their blog link.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered or just love so much.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
I used several criteria for making my choices – I included blogs that have interesting content, from owners that like to teach or advance the knowledge of genealogy, or blogs that are funny or poignant. I also tried to find blogs that hadn’t received the One Lovely Blog Award before. There are over 1600 blogs in the geneasphere and each and every one of those bloggers make a valued contribution. Check them out at the GeneaBloggers website.
It is up to the individual recipients whether or not they choose to post the award. Folks are busy and I completely understand if recipients choose not to participate.
These are the blogs I have chosen, in no particular order. You may notice a lot of genetic genealogy blogs. It is one of my interests.
- Carole’s Canvas – Carole Riley – One of my DNA testing buddies. Be sure to check out her new book on social media
- Long Lost Relatives – Susan Petersen – Another DNA testing buddy. I enjoy her Follow Friday Around the Blogosphere wrap ups.
- The Genetic Genealogist – infrequent posts but interesting DNA news
- Dienekes Anthropology Blog - this one appeals to the scientist in me. Also interesting DNA articles.
- Genimates – Jill Ball – Great initiative by Jill to profile genealogy folks.
- The Ginger Jewish Genealogist – Banai Feldstein – I enjoy her take on things.
- Bayside Blog – Missy Corley – it was great to meet Melissa at Rootstech
- Desperately Seeking Surnames – with the bubbly Jenna Mills
Two new blogs that keep us informed:
- Geneapress – genealogy industry related press releases
- GeneaWebinars - genealogy industry webinars
Gen Society Blogs and Conference blogs that I follow:
- Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree blog – the ‘funnest’ genealogy conference
- Alberta Family Histories Society Blog – okay, this one is a bit self serving as I manage this blog but a little link love goes a long way Besides I think AFHS is a great gen society!
- California Genealogical Society Blog – very welcoming group.
I hope you enjoyed my One Lovely Blog List. Be sure to check out these blogs.